SunnyMoney Storekeeper latest Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Reporting to: Accountant
Contract duration: 1yr renewable
SunnyMoney is a fast-growing social enterprise operated by SolarAid that aims to enable the world’s poorest people to have access to clean, renewable power.
The mission is to eradicate the use of kerosene for lighting in Africa by the end of this decade.
Purpose for this post
The purpose of this post is to help deliver the overall SunnyMoney mission through receipt and issuance of goods, verification, documentation and proper storage of all the organization’s assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core Job Execution
- Receive/crosscheck all goods purchased and raise the Goods Received Note (GRN) against Purchase Order as evidence that goods have been delivered.
- Maintain all stocks with the highest degree of care, integrity, and honesty and in the most transparent manner.
- Ensure goods/services received are of the right quality and that the quantity as described on the Purchase Order. Liaise with all users for the items received from suppliers to ensure that the right items have been delivered.
- Handle all users’ requests and issue products as per the agreed issuing schedule and procedures and using the appropriate documentation.
- Maintain manual ledgers parallel to the computerized inventory database as a short term control tool.
- Maintain, record and update Movement of Assets Forms e.g. laptops, projectors, computers, cameras etc… and ensure that the documents are properly filed.
- Ensure stores cleanliness and order at all times.
- Ensure the safety of the stores e.g. safekeeping of the keys, ensure fire extinguishers are working, etc.
- Setting up of re-order levels for inventory.
- Generate stock report on weekly basis for review by the accountant and operations director.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Ship cancelled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus products.
- Submit accurate weekly and monthly reports within the required time frame.
- Contribute to the half yearly and annual reporting for management and donors.
- Liaise with finance and administration teams to ensure all stock and equipment records are accurate and fully updated.
- Other duties may be required from time to time, including responsibilities which require work on weekends and holidays
- Serve as a role model at all times, personally embodying SunnyMoney’s mission and values for all staff, volunteers and external audiences.
- Minimum diploma in business studies or stores management.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of stores management software package(s)
- At least two years working in stores or bookkeeping with a reputable firm, public body or NGO.
Interested applicants should submit an application letter together with curriculum vitae, copies of academic documents, names and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.